person: Pokemon is such a childish game, why are you playing it?
i’m so fucking done with this site
Adrian. 20. College student who loves to procrastinate.
Basically just a tumblr full of reblogged stuff. Includes--but is not limited to--internet stupidity, quotes, teen wolf, community, attractive people, animals, and pokemon.
a little girl who grows up thinking all doors are automatic but actually she’s haunted by a really polite ghost
Someone who asked to remain anonymous asked me what the problem with keeping Jan and Cassie out of the movies was, and this post is probably going to be a really long post so bare with me.
Just a warning! This post isn’t entirely spoiler free!!!!
Let’s start with Janet Van Dyne.
There’s a lot of different pictures I could choose to show Janet, but I love her in this so I’m just going to go with this one.
Let’s count all the ways Janet Van Dyne is important to the Avengers, and to the MCU in general.
- Janet was the one who named the Avengers, not to mention that she was also one of the founding members, she was there when they found Cap!
As a matter of fact she was actually the one who knew that it was Captain America in the first place as you can see from that last panel and Iron Man’s exclamation of, “The Wasp is right!’
2. Janet actually sort of named the Vision too.
3. Janet is an integral part of Pym’s story too. When she finds out that someone has murdered her father, she goes to him and asks him to help her. She undergoes a Biochemical process that involve the Pym particles that change her into the wasp because she desperately wants to avenger her father’s death.
4. Let’s not forget to mention that Jan is a badass as well. She is completely capable of handling situations by herself, and she can defend herself just as well as any of her male counterparts.
5. Also Janet is a fashion designer, how cool is that? I mean she obviously has the best costumes out of any of her superhero counterparts because she’s just that cool.
6. Basically Janet is a super cool lady who is intertwined with Avenger’s history. You can’t tell the history of the Avengers without telling the history of Jan, and likewise you can’t tell the history of the elder Ant-Man (not Paul Rudd) without also talking about Jan.
7. She’s an amazing role model for little girls (and big girls too!) She’s a clear example of how you can be girly and awesome. She’s a fashion designer, but she kicks ass too! She doesn’t let her “girly” profession stereotype her in any way.
That’s not even nearly enough about Janet and I’m actually kind of hoping that Def will high jack this post and make it a lot better and a lot more comprehensive, but let’s start on Cassie.
This is Cassie Lang (And Paul Rudd’s character who plays her father)
Obviously just from this picture you can tell that Cassie and her father have a really special and close relationship with each other and you would not be wrong to say so.
LET’S NOT FORGET THAT THE ONLY REASON SCOTT BECOMES ANT-MAN IS BECAUSE HE LOVES HIS DAUGHTER.
Scott turns to burglery because Cassie is seriously sick, and he breaks into the home of Henry Pym, he steals his uniform and the shrinking gas canisters so that he can rescue the doctor that he needs to save his daughter’s life, Henry, whose been following him the entire time sees this and lets him keep it.
Let’s get back to Cassie though. As a young girl, Cassie spends a lot of time around other heroes, first with the Fantastic Four, then with Heroes for Hire, and she and her father actually live in the Avengers Mansion (or Tower in the MCU) for quite a while. SHE’S ACTUALLY REFERRED TO TONY AS UNCLE TONY OKAY.
After a lot of stuff I won’t ruin for you (because I’ve already done a great job at that) Cassie joins the Young Avengers as Stature. She’s just generally an amazing girl, and a total badass…
But once again, Cassie is such a vital and important part to Scott’s story. She is the entire reason Scott becomes Ant-Man, no if, ands, or buts about it. She is the sole reason.
There’s a lot of other stuff that I can/should talk about, but I’m sure someone will see this and make it a better post.
Regardless, the fact that Marvel has completely (seemingly as far as we know, maybe they’ll surprise us with a Just Kidding! moment, but we’ll see) written out both Janet and Cassie is so not okay. Its absolutely sickening actually.
Janet is a founding member of the Avengers, and now to have every founding member but her be recognized is absolutely shit. She named the Avengers, she’s named other superheros! She is as much a part of the Avengers as Captain America (and as a matter of fact she was there first)
Secondly Cassie is the sole reason that Scott Lang even becomes Ant Man in the first place, to write her out is also just a huge blow to people who love her. Not to mention that exactly like Janet, she is such a role model for young girls (and older ones!) The fact that they’re writing out two of the most people to the Avenger’s plot line, and to Scott Lang’s plot line is just gross, and I really don’t think they have a valid excuse to do so.
Without female representation that is.
- Jan van Dyne has lead the Avengers multiple times! Once for 5 years! Elected unanimously by her fellow avengers!
- Jan van Dyne is not afraid to be feminine and is not afraid to repeatedly point out the lack of ladies in the Avengers- as well as showing her lady friends affection
- Jan van Dyne probably has an emergency lever that, when pulled, reveals a closet with matching costumes for the Avengers
- Jan van Dyne is the heart and soul of the Avengers